BOC: Re: Buck Benefit / BOC fanatic checklist

Bryan Irby irby at CRUX.ASTR.UA.EDU
Sun Apr 20 18:03:52 EDT 1997

Re: the Buck Dharma Benefit:

Bill wrote:

> Speaking of the BD benefit, I met someone at the show who said he was on the
> BOC-L.  You were sitting on the second row, my brother and I were sitting
> next to you (I was taking pictures).  Unfortunately, I can't recall your name
> (the number of people I met was overwhelming!).  Are you out there??

I believe that was me (Bryan Irby).  I was sitting in the second row with
my girlfriend Carman and a friend from the Atlanta area, and
I asked you guys if you were on BOC-L.  I am out here, I just don't say much
these days.  I went to the after show party at Chuck's place, but spent most
of the time talking with Bolle - didn't get to socialize much.  Also (sadly),
missed the Dixie Tavern event.  By the way, many thanks to Chuck for organizing
such a wonderful show and benefit.  He did an outstanding job.  Can't wait to
see/hear the video and CD.

Re: BOC Fanatic checklist:

Andrew wrote:
> ( ) You need that tape version of "Career of Evil" that has "Do it like you
>       oughtta"
> ( ) Need both initial and french releases of 'Flat Out'
> ( ) You spent over $200 trying to get tape of Eric singing in Japanese.
>
> etc.  Any others?

How about buying a model of a Messerschmidt 262 and painting it up like the one
on the cover of Secret Treaties (even down to giving the pilot a skull face)?

And of course there's the shelling out of hard-earned dollars to get the
Buck Dharma baseball card...

- Bryan Irby