Cult Classics/CE/ Guitar World Mag./Remastering

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Apr 21 13:17:23 EDT 1997

> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>
> >The Summerdaze Tour is mentioned on the front of Guitar World Mag.
>
> ...rushing out to the bookstore at lunch . . .

Damn, mine hasn't gotten here yet.  I'm a subscriber, so naturally, I
get mine after it's been on the newsstands for a month!

> >Intrestingly enough
> Buck feels he is a better player today than he was 15 years ago.
>
> Not really surprised -- 15 years on the road can do wonders for one's
> ability (not that Buck was too bad 15 years ago . . .) - even the
> master continues to perfect his craft.

I'm not surprised either.  After not seeing the band for a few years,
I was blown away last Dec. and Jan. when I finally saw them again.  I
didn't think it was possible for him to get better, but somehow he
has.  Also, remember that BOC doesn't have the luxury of superstar
atatus to fall back on anymore.  BD HAS to be ungodly just to survive
these days.  And he's doin' the job all right...

> >Also
> says the band sounds great right now.  Maybe Eric's back on track.
>
> Hope so, but I wouldn't read too much into that.  There have been lots
> of positive reviews of the band's sound since Eric has dropped back.
> I'm sure Buck is probably enjoying having a bit more of the spotlight
> these days, and instrumentally the band probably sounds great, but Eric
> hasn't started singing more again, from what I've seen.  Then again,
> Summerdaze will have probably shorter-than-standard BOC sets so perhaps
> Eric will have an extra song or 2 there.

Anybody else notice that the BD band show in GA was such a success?
Handwriting on the wall maybe?  It sounds like heresy, but EB just
isn't bringing that much to the show anymore.  Before you flame, I'm
telling you that the guy is one of my gods, but the facts don't lie.
I can't say he's kicking ass likt the old days when he isn't! And if
BD went solo, what of Allen?  if he tags along, is it still BOC?  I
always figured that to be BOC, it had to be EB and BD.  And is there
any matter to it?  Would BD do worse on the road as a solo?  He's
hardly killing the world in 3OC!  Maybe time to cut is losses and go
for it alone.  Then he wouldn't have the quandry over heavy BOC-type
material vs. BD material.  Thoughts?

theo