The BOC-L filters

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Tue Apr 22 13:39:29 EDT 1997

Doug Bates writes:

> The filters do not work for me, I delete messages with both "BOC" and
> "RE:BOC" in the subject header almost daily.

to the best of my memory the headers HW: BOC: et al.   work only if
there is a space between the colon and the heading. So   HW: tour going ahead
would be filtered out for BOC folk but   HW:tour going ahead
would not.

The HW: bit and the BOC: bit also have to be in capitals.   Small
letters don't work.   I also understood that the Re: would be ignored
assuming it was added automatically by the headers as part of the reply
so that    Re: HW: tour abandoned
should also be filtered out - but I could be misremembering there

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk