BOC: 30 Minutes

Bolts of Ungodly Vision scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU
Tue Apr 22 11:57:26 EDT 1997

Hey all,

I was flipping though a book the other day at Borders and stumbled upon an
entry about BOC.

According to the tome, members of BOC, Meatloaf and some other
bands(possibly) were on a show called "30 Minutes" making an argument for
the music the play (rock music) essentially saying it should be loud. They
were faced with a panel of anit-rock persons and thats all I know other
than the author said it did didly squat and happened in November of 1978 on
CBS.  I wonder if the show is still lurking out there in videotape land.

----Prepare for comments about the recent Bucktalk----
As commented by lil ab, the Brain Surgeons have (in their adverts at least)
become something more than an appendage of Al Bouchard's past band
membership.
The thing is with Buck, if he goes w/ the monicker of Buck Dharma as a solo
act, he will most likely end up on the Rik Emmet (sp?) syndrome list of
casualties....somewhat like Gary Brooker and Matthew Fisher of Procol Harum
when they tried to leave on a solo flight.   To be a successful non-BOC
person in music as a career, he'll have to form a group completely free of
the BOC trappings, as with a name that isn't "Buck Dharma," or "tR&tB.
---End comments----

Happy to be able to go to the 30th anniversary gig of Procol Harum's
"Whiter Shade of Pale,"

Jason