BOC Buck, Capt Solo?

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Apr 22 16:01:59 EDT 1997

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, John A Swartz wrote:

> > More than likely
> whats holding Buck back the most is the thought that if he did go solo,
> realistically there is no room for BOC, thus no more BOC.  Anybody think
> Buck could be replaced in BOC and still consider it BOC?
>
> Well, if the other 4 of the original lineup were there, then yes.  If
> Buck were to leave the current lineup of BOC, I have to admit that it
> would be hard to still call the band BOC - and I think the band also
> probably realizes that BOC might not be viable any longer without him.
> Interesting since a few years ago, we heard rumors to the effect that
> Buck wanted out and Eric managed to convince him to continue on.  Now,
> some speculate whether Eric will leave and that maybe Buck is holding
> the band together.

        Didn't hear this before I went on holiday, and I can't help but
wonder, what would Eric _do_ if he left? I always felt that the main
reason that he'd always keep Buck in BOC if he could was that he had
nowhere else to go (except DJing and so forth). Am I wrong?

> Don't know 'bout you folks, but I really there was a new album out to
> talk about, instead of these kind of speculations.

        I breathe them words with you, believe me...
                                                     Jazza

 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                      |
 |         (01223 327450)                 jaj20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk         |
 |  "I'm not satisfied, Everythin' I've tried, I don't like the way      |
 |                   Life has been abusin' me." (Zappa)                  |