OFF: Has this ever happend to You?

Alex S. Garcia asg at IMAGINET.FR
Tue Apr 22 17:46:01 EDT 1997

>Has this ever happened to you?  According to a post at the Mindcage
>Website some poor guy buys a copy of Images and Words by Dream Theater.
>Opens it up and the cd is painted for DT but when he puts it in the
>player its actually Pearl Jam.  Poor guy.  Any similar horror stories
>out there?

Yep. Kinda. I once bought a copy of J. J. Cale's "Shade" (sp ?)... now, keep
in mind that this was by pure curiosity having never heard any JJC before -
but I'd read good reviews and, as I've had the opportunity to point out
before (I think), I like to discover new things, especially when it sounds
as good as those reviews made it sound. So you can imagine my surprise when,
playing the tape, I started hearing children singing. I'm not sure in which
language either, but it didn't sound like English. At first I thought it
probably was just an intro, but it lasted... and lasted... I moved forward
and the whole tape was like this. Weird. Could this really be JJC ? Nah. The
worse about this is that I couldn't return the tape (I still have it
somewhere) because it was the only copy they had (so they couldn't exchange
it) and in France, you don't get a refund as easily as in the States.
Practically impossible.

Other story. I bought an Eagles album, I think it must have been the first.
When I got home, I found out there was no tape in the tape, if you see what
I mean. It was just an empty shell. Weird. I managed to exchange this one
against another tape, though...

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
Read the Icarus Encyclopedia of Fantasy & SF
  http://www.pelnet.com/icarus/