Help

Peter Sondergeld p.sondergeld at QUT.EDU.AU
Wed Apr 23 21:31:54 EDT 1997

At 05:36 PM 23/04/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm looking to find out the name of the group that performs a song with the
>following lyrics:
>
>There's a voice inside my head
>that says "Seize the day,
>pull the trigger,
>make em pay"
>
>I suspect the title might be "One More Time Around", possibly by
>Soundgarden, but I haven't been able to find it one any of their releases
>that I have seen.  Has anyone got any ideas?  I'm also looking for the cd
>"REO Speedwagon" if anyone knows were I can find it.
>    I'm looking for these as gifts for a friend you understand,  I only
>listen to Hawkwind
>
>Thanks,
>John

John,
I think this might be what you want. It's off *Superunknown*. Can't help you
with REO, though.
Pete.

http://imusic.interserv.com/soundgarden/sg3/discography2/lyrics3/ly-theday.html

                                    THE DAY I TRIED TO LIVE

                                    Written by Chris Cornell

                              I WOKE THE SAME AS ANY OTHER DAY
                                EXCEPT A VOICE WAS IN MY HEAD
                    IT SAID SEIZE THE DAY, PULL THE TRIGGER, DROP THE BLADE
                                AND WATCH THE ROLLING HEADS

                                    THE DAY I TRIED TO LIVE
                             I STOLE A THOUSAND BEGGARS CHANGE
                                    AND GAVE IT TO THE RICH

                                     THE DAY I TRIED TO WIN
                               I DANGLED FROM THE POWER LINES
                                AND LET THE MARTYR'S STRETCH
                                            SINGING

                                    ONE MORE TIME AROUND
                                          MIGHT DO IT
                                    ONE MORE TIME AROUND
                                         MIGHT MAKE IT
                                    ONE MORE TIME AROUND
                                          MIGHT DO IT
                                    ONE MORE TIME AROUND
                                    THE DAY I TRIED TO LIVE

                                 WORDS YOU SAY NEVER SEEM
                                    TO LIVE UP TO THE ONES
                                       INSIDE YOUR HEAD
                                      THE LIVES WE MAKE
                             NEVER SEEM TO EVER GET US ANYWHERE
                                           BUT DEAD

                                    THE DAY I TRIED TO LIVE
                           I WALLOWED IN THE BLOOD AND MUD WITH
                                      ALL THE OTHER PIGS

                        I WOKE THE SAME AS ANY OTHER DAY YOU KNOW
                                 I SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN BED

                                     THE DAY I TRIED TO WIN
                           I WALLOWED IN THE BLOOD AND MUD WITH
                                      ALL THE OTHER PIGS

                                AND I LEARNED THAT I WAS A LIAR
                                         JUST LIKE YOU

                            [Home] [Directory] [Search] [E-Mail Soundgarden]

                                [RETURN to iMusic] [Directory] [Search]

                                      (c) 1996 iMusic, inc. - all rights
reserved.

Peter Sondergeld
p.sondergeld at qut.edu.au

"Hello, this is Dogbert's Professional Headhunting Service. I find jobs for
the most talented technical professionals. Several people have mentioned
your name. So, is it true they'll be looking for somebody to fill your job
soon? Hello?"   - Dogbert