HW: Yuri

Yuri Elik uriah at POP.CONVEY.RU
Fri Apr 25 17:37:27 EDT 1997

dat dere joe says...

> >for those of you who need to have *everything*, _Bring Me the Head..._ is
> >out in DigiPak format. It's the first CD with the original geometry cover
> [...SNIP...]
> >...and yes, Yuri is much better than it's rumour (as a waste of plastic) -
>
> Okay, so it's not a waste of plastic.  I have the Charly CD
> with the wrong date (1976) on it.  What else can I do with
> it instead of letting it be a waste of plastic?

I wonder why so many people on this list do dislike 'Yuri Gagarin' so
much? I do agree that the sound quality is far from perfect (and yes,
info on the above-mentioned Charly release is horrible - although I
think its cover is much better than on original release), but it is the
only record with very interesting poetry pieces (Gaga, In the Egg and
Wage War) that I think are worth having for the real Hawkfan. Well, I
have checked Codex and found that they were released also on Live
'70/'73 (aka Welcome To The Future) and Early Daze, but none of them
have full versions of all of them:

In The Egg
    1     Bring Me The Head Of Yuri Garagin
    1     Early Daze
    1     Live '70/'73
    1     Welcome To The Future

Gaga
 L  1     Bring Me The Head Of Yuri Garagin
 L  1     Early Daze

Wage War
    1     Bring Me The Head Of Yuri Garagin
    1 a   Live '70/'73