HW: Best books...

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Mon Apr 28 10:41:49 EDT 1997

Max Wilcox writes:

> So I though I'd make a little q here as to the books people read/think
> you should read whilst listening to the Hawks.

Moorcock's stuff can be taken as, errr, read. "The Electric Cool-Aid
Acid Test" fit pretty well as I remember. Most of Zelazny's stuff is
pretty good too. P.J. O'Rourke's "Parliament of Whores" could have been
inspired by the Psychedelic Warlords track but readers should be warned
that it is likely to induce severe guffaws. Some of the better Space
Opera genre certainly fit well with much of the output as does some of
the harder stuff by Ben Bova and Paul Preuss.

P.S. Has anyone read 3001 yet? Any reviews?

FoFP