Space Ritual Beef

Mark Edmonds mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Apr 28 06:16:00 EDT 1997

This struck me as being a wasted opportunity when the remastered Space
Ritual came out:

If you listen to the LP or the One Way Records CD, as Electonic No. 1
fades out, you clearly hear the riff of Orgone Accumulater crashing in.
Its a great entry for a great riff. However, turn over the LP and you
have to put up with this riff fading up. The first CD release does the
same. Space Ritual Vol.2 version starts with the guitar at full whack
and makes ammends for this so when the remastered SR came out, I was
hoping against hope that this fade up problem would be solved and Orgone
would crash in as it should. But nope, it doesn`t.

I don`t know the condition/situation of the original tapes used for the
remastered version but can anyone point out why it wasn`t possible to
bring in Orgone with a bang? The impact of that riff is one of the best
moments in the Ritual.
--
Mark Edmonds