HW: Hawkwind labor day weekend????

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon Apr 28 16:11:23 EDT 1997

Hello...

Well, I went to the Quarkspace show here in Columbus last Saturday night,
where the Cleveland light show gang had come down (Scotty and the Bros.
Lascko, Jim and Jerry), and spoke with each.  Yes, indeed, this is a planned
event, but I gather that not all was final (surely, not a surprise to
anyone).  Even though I won't be around to attend, I do hope it happens.
This sort of event doesn't happen too often (or ever?) in the U.S.

BTW, the Quarkspace gig was quite good...it's nice to have a local band play
in the spacerock vein, even if they only perform on rare occasions.

>I found this posted in rec.music.progressive has any one heard any more
>about this?
>
>(snip)
>>don't know about progday on laborday weekend??
>>
>>but there is a space rock festival, scheduled for 8/30(labor day weekend)
>>in upstate NY around Jamestown....  more details to follow...
>>
>>HAWKWIND is headlining...
>>with
>>quarkspace
>>and probably
>>Alien Planetscapes
>>F/I
>>Red Giant
>>Nucleon.... and more!!
>>
>>etc....
>>
>>Dedicated to bringing freaky music, free of commercial influence, to the
>>ears of listeners across the world.  Featuring the progressive, eclectic
>>sounds of quarkspace and National Steam.  Email us at EJestRecs at AOL.COM for
>>a free sample tape!  SUPPORT INDEPENDENT MUSIC!!!
>>quarkspace debut cd out now!!!!
>>Eternity's Jest Records, Inc., 1487 W. Fifth Ave #212, Columbus OH 43212, USA
>>http://users.aol.com/ejestrecs

Keith H. (FAA)

ObCassette:  Steam Dream 1 - National Steam (available for $4 I think at the
address/webpage listed here).  Very nice improv/ambient pieces by Quarkspace
musicnauts.