OFF: Jethro Tull

Marshall Wood mwood at SLICE.AGILE.COM
Fri Aug 1 09:58:25 EDT 1997

Jeez, maybe I should resubscribe to the St. Cleve Chronicle...

>What bothers me about Tull today is Ian's voice.
>It's really a shame, but I believe his flute playing has improved as a result (more
>time to practice?)

Actually, he took some lessons!  Seriously.  He found out he
had been doing some basic stuff wrong all these years.  And
he picked up some different kinds of flutes during that
Middle Eastern tour where they recorded most of _A Little
Light Music_.

>ObHawkwind: The opening band was ELP, who have an album on the prog-rock poll, while
>we're trying to get a HW album on the poll.

You, my friend, are a world-class hoop jumper.

>>>Maybe Ian is using the wrong hole when he's playing the flute on this one???
>> HA!  Sounds like his on-stage antics have gone too far!
>No doubt he's probably tried it at home just to see if he could pull it off (no pun intended) at
>a show.

Must've hit a lot of bum notes!

MWood

NP: _The Ritual Continues_ - Djam Karet