OFF : Julian Cope / Amon Duul etc.

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Aug 2 05:35:57 EDT 1997

Had a good night out last night. Julian Cope presenting Three hours of
Krautrock films, (Can In Concert, Amon Duul II do Phallus Dei some Beat
Club footage inc. more Amon Duul II, a snatch of Popol Vuh and a
glorious one-off collaboration of Neu! and Kraftwerk) at the NFT on the
South Bank.

As it turned out Julian hadn't seen these films before either and so
didn't have a great deal to say before the show, the idea being we would
discuss them after. After however, he was as blown away as the rest of
us by this "astonishing, evocative, heroic glimpse of Man at the Peak of
his Artistic Magic" (tounge firmly in cheek) , and had even less to say.
Really, the whole audience was mindsprung by this difficult,
experimental primitive psychedelia.

5 nice points

1) not many people
2) jolly comfy seats
3) Going for beer after with Andy G.
4) queueing up next to Bobby Gillespie from Primal Scream
5) Juilan sitting on the floor next to me for half the show.

1 bad point

1) Bar closed at 11.00  :((((

ObServation It's a shame Peter Leopold (ADII) never drummed for the
Hawks !!

Now I have to buy the first two Neu! albums. Bye!
--
Jon B