OFF : Julian Cope / Amon Duul etc.

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Aug 2 10:24:51 EDT 1997

In article <01BC9F4F.93553940 at host5-99-53-150.btinternet.com>, Andrew
Gilham <Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM> writes
> We were all a bit shell-shocked by it all (well I
>was anyway) - what the hell must it have been like to see these guys live
>in their prime?

Staggers the imagination, really. Words like Awesome have been somewhat
cheapened over the years but I was in a state of awe afterwards. Even
Cope himself was truly lost for words.

>Good to see the Brownes after as well!  Jon's still a bit of a lightweight
>for not making it to Blackheath, of course :), but I look forward to seeing
>the spacesuit at Shepherd's Bush...

The last person to call me a lightweight (a week last Thursday actually)
ended up in a whirling alcoholic pit while I, in the role of Pocus,
laughed and called foul jeers. And I had him up at 5:00 a.m. with a
rumbunctious "Rise and Shine" !
Not that it's big or clever to drink lots of course, especially when it
as delitrious to your health as it is to mine. Having said that the word
lightweight to me is like the word chicken to Marty McFly. :) I can't
help rising to the bait. Probably *because* of my condition. Lager,
lager, lager.......

Sabina reliably tells me that sadly, the spacesuit is truly dead. Shame.
It was an artifact from Gong / Here and Now days. Still, plenty of time
to procure a new one. Possibly one with better "life support systems"
Hmmmm.....

--
Jon B