OFF: Hey brits: Bob's Yer Uncle....

Christian cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Mon Aug 4 12:41:36 EDT 1997

Jon writes:

>Reminds me off a Beck interview I read recently. Seems the lad is
>particularly enamoured with English swearwords, such as Tosspot or

Hmmm...... can you explain this one? Toilet perhaps?? Possibly related to
the more american "tossing the cookies"?

>Ringpiece.

Well, this one has some bizarre sexual overtones no?? Is it, uh, eh... er..
a piece of the female anatomy? Or a contraceptive device maybe??

> His special favorite is Bugger!

Ah, that is a good one. Pretty much the same as the F word, no? As in
"Bugger me, bloke! Those bobbies are taking that bloody wanker off to gaol,
pass the lager and fish 'n' chips and Bob's yer uncle, matey!" Or as in "I
say Old McDonald, I believe you have commited sordid acts of unspeakable
buggery! Blimey! It's raining cats and dogs! And Bob's yer uncle, matey!"

>Rum fellow.

I like that one!

>and Robert is indeed your uncle.
>--