OFF: Hey brits: Bob's Yer Uncle....

DAMON CAPEHART monsieur at MYMAIL.NET
Tue Aug 5 00:41:36 EDT 1997

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997 11:10:36 -0400 Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.CS.VT.EDU> wrote:
>On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Christian wrote:
>> "Bugger me, bloke! Those bobbies are taking that bloody wanker off to
>> gaol, pass the lager and fish 'n' chips and Bob's yer uncle, matey!"
> [...]
>Cor blimey, duckin' 'n' divin', apples and pears, swift kick to the
>orchestras, an all that... :-)

Um, ... Gear!

Damon

P.S.:  I had a professor a couple of years ago teach us some Cockney.
She taught us "'Op up the apples an' brin' dahn me weepers!".

Oh, you British dudes with yer wacky rhyming games.

(translation of above quote for the Americans, most of whom probably don't
know what I just said:  "Hop up the stairs and bring down my pillows.")