OFF: Prog Vote

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Tue Aug 5 07:38:26 EDT 1997

Go to the Camel WWW page and sign up there...

http://www.roadkill.com/Camel.

You can buy the CD's from Gary on the Artist Shop page, but you can also
buy direct from Camel Productions (and maybe even get an autographed CD
from Andy Latimer!). The latest studio CD, Harbour Of Tears is a great bit
of Irish- inspired prog music (tells the tale of Irish immigrants leaving
home to come to the New World). Not electronic like the older Camel
releases, but Latimer is at one of his finest moments on this one. (I
happened to be a bit biased towards Irish music, for some unknown
reason...)

Have fun,

Craig

----------
From:   Guido Vacano[SMTP:gvacano at BEAVER.MBB.WESLEYAN.EDU]
Sent:   Monday, August 04, 1997 11:24 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
Subject:        Re: OFF: Prog Vote

Craig sez--

> Guido
>
> Dang, Doc, we agree on a lot of stuff!! (except the part about Rain
Dances
> over Snow Goose, that is...) Have you heard any of the live releases that
> Camel Productions have been releasing? Great discs, especially Never Let
Go
> and the new Live In 82 (killer version of Lunar Sea, complete with NASA
> dialogue; now I know who pioneered the use of the NASA samples!)

Dammit Craig, I'm trying to cut back on my CD purchases! :-) Gonna have
to look into these--bye bye cash!

I haven't really kept up with Camel (as evidenced by the fact that I have
no Camel CDs--only LPs), but I would appreciate it if you'd send me the
subscribe address for the list. I have recently "rediscovered"
Renaissance (the King Biscuit recordings)--maybe Camel should be next!

Guido

obCDplayer--Album of the Year by Faith No More

--
If nothing is done, then all will be well.  -- Lao Tse