HW: Ron Tree's pat in Leeds

Neil Shilladay shillada at GATWICK.GECO-PRAKLA.SLB.COM
Tue Aug 5 10:41:26 EDT 1997

>From a work colleague, who used to share a house with Ron :-

In Leeds we were sharing with Ron Tree, bass guitarist with Plato's Jacuzzi
and then Bastard...who is now lead singer with Hawkwind.

He survived on a diet of potatoes mashed with marmite,onion bhajis from
the Kagan Valley, and inordinate supplies of drugs.

When Dirtbox Dave (the guitarist with Bastard) came to visit they liked nothing
better than to plug their guitars in and give it "full dose" (their favourite
saying).

I would then appear very un-rock'n'roll by having to come out and tell them
to keep the noise down 'cos i was trying to revise potential field systems.

Still I got my 2:2 and got myself a job with Geco...and what's Ron doing now ?
You know, if you take the touring the world, the drugs and the girls out of it ?

Neil.