OFF: Hey brits: Bob's Yer Uncle....

Mark Edmonds mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Aug 5 10:57:01 EDT 1997

In article <B0000009181 at maxwell.pcmicro.com.au>, Sonic Bilby
<sonique at MAIL.PCMICRO.COM.AU> writes
>Brits are colourful? What about us true blues?
>
>"Stone the Crows and Pickle me Grandmother - I found a freebie in my
>glug! And don't forget never to bod chonks from a fruit ...."
>
>(Just my 2c worth o 'strine)
>
>Sonique

Brilliant! LOL! What do you do for an encore?!

"Bob's Your Uncle" is an expression which sort of means nothing really
and is a typical throw-away remark. The idea behind it is that Bob is an
extremely common name so anyone can have an uncle called Bob (so happens
I haven't) therefore the value of telling someone that they have an
uncle called Bob is zero.

So, Bob's your uncle, there you have it!

Now someone tell me what the fuck "Stone the Crows" is all about please!