ADMIN: An amusing/interesting note and my reply

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Tue Aug 5 12:51:32 EDT 1997

> Usually, when someone chooses to unsubscribe from the list, they just drop
> off. One person chose to send me a message about why they were
> unsubscribing. Since I was in "one of those moods", I chose to response. As
> an amusement for everyone here, I include the original message (anonymized)
> and my response:

Y'know, maybe we outta post a disclaimer about this list:

"If you are here strictly to read about BOC _or_ HW exclusively and are
so close-minded to not want the cross-pollenization that the learned
subscribers bring to this list about the "other" band, seriously re-think
your rational for joining this list. Both bands have been catagorized as
"the thinking persons' heavy-metal band" and, if you don't think, we do
not want your input here. You will find it very uncomfortable here. We
are not elitests here (hell, they let _me_ join!), but we do expect a
certain amount of open-mindedness and tolerance for the ebb and flow
of e-mails that pertain to the band of your primary interest.

Anyways, it is all Steve Swanns' fault in the first place for this even
to exist, so you at least know who to blame..."

Ben did a great job a responding to the children that couldn't take it
anymore. Sheesh, I wonder why they let some people on the 'Net...

But, then again, BOC and HW are not my number one favorite bands, so
what do I know (OK they are in the top ten).

obCDPlayer: Alan Parsons Project / Gaudi

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Siemens-Pyramid Information Systems
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Rd. Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342  (404) 845-3404