Off List Memebers

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.CS.VT.EDU
Tue Aug 5 14:01:51 EDT 1997

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Daniel Wikdahl wrote:

> And there's also something else bothering me... there are 13 "concealed"
> subscribers...
> I wonder who they are and why they choose not to show their names and addresses.

I am two of those 13 "concealed" subscribers.  I choose to have my
e-mail address hidden from the list given out in response to a REVIEW
command to lessen the possibility of it falling into the hands of
spammers.  Of course, the fact the archives appear on the WWW sort of
defeats that strategy (since I actually post to the list)...

Btw, the difference in numbers that AB sees may be due to the number of
people getting a digested version of the list probably being lower than
the total number of subscribers.  He may be seeing the number of
"digest" subscribers.

Oh, and the number of subscribers is also reported when you read the
online archives via the WWW.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Can, _Tago Mago_

e-mail: paul at gromit.cs.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix