BOC: Denmark Concerts

Stephen Swann swann at ST-CANARD.SPC.EDU
Sun Aug 10 15:58:23 EDT 1997

Ted Jackson jr. 6L6 writes:

> I'm not exaggerating about BD's playing of late.  Seen them 3 times
> in the last 8 months.  He's way better than he was back in the days
> when they were playing stadiums.  So you can see all this amazing
> playing up close.  BOC-Lers worldwide, don't miss any chance to see
> BOC.  The only downside is that the rest of the show doesn't really
> match BD's performance, and EB is a shadow of his old self...
> theo

Absolutely.  I can hardly believe what he has done with "Last Days of
May" for instance.  He has turned that from a classic with some great
guitar playing in it, into an almost unbelievable guitar epic.  When
he played that incredible instrumental bridge in the middle, I was
simply transixed by the sheer beauty and power of it.  I've heard all
kinds of guitarists who can play almost unbelievably fast, or with
incredible "technique", but this was something entirely beyond that;
it was awe-inspiring.

Steve