OFF: I'm Engaged!!! :-)

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Mon Aug 11 10:32:01 EDT 1997

DAMON CAPEHART wrote:
> Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy!
> Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy!
> Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy!
> Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy!
> Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy!
> Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy!
> Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy!
> Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy! ....
>
> Anyway, the tentative date is July 11, so if anything
> Hawk-related is happening on or immediately following that
> date, you can count me out. :-)  [or immediately before, I
> guess... from what I gather it's pretty hectic beforehand
> too.]

Congratulations!  As someone who is getting married soon (on October
10), I think I can help you be prepared for the amount of details that
need to be worked out.

Close your eyes (after you read this :-) and think of everything you
two need to deal with: the wedding, the reception, the limousine, the
tuxedos, the wedding dress, the flowers, the cake, the rehearsal, ...
Go ahead, do it now.  We'll wait.

(insert Jeopardy theme music here)

Okay, do you have in your mind an idea of what needs to be done?
Good.  Now double the amount of work you just thought of and you'll be
in the right ball park.

Start planning early, keep a good sense of humor, remember to keep
control because it is *your* wedding, and try not to kill each other
(which is frowned on by most major religions and tends to put a damper
on the ceremony).  Really, though, it can be a fun process.  Best of
luck to you.

Frank

ObWeddingHorrorStory: Our photographer skipped town with our deposit
less than three months before the wedding, and the next day our
florist called up and cancelled our order because they decided they
wanted to be on vacation for all of October.  It wasn't the best 24
hours of my life.