OFF: I'm Engaged!!! :-)

DAMON CAPEHART monsieur at MYMAIL.NET
Mon Aug 11 23:54:25 EDT 1997

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997 09:32:01 -0500 Frank Weil <frankw at COMM.MOT.COM> wrote:
>Congratulations!  As someone who is getting married soon (on October
>10),...

Congrats to you too, then.

>Close your eyes (after you read this :-) and think of everything you
>two need to deal with: the wedding, the reception, the limousine, the
>tuxedos, the wedding dress, the flowers, the cake, the rehearsal, ...
>Go ahead, do it now.  We'll wait.
>
>(insert Jeopardy theme music here)
>
>Okay, do you have in your mind an idea of what needs to be done?
>Good.  Now double the amount of work you just thought of and you'll be
>in the right ball park.
>
>Start planning early,...

Right.  We have a head start on all sorts of things, and of course we have 11
months (334 days) from today to do it all.  It won't be a walk in the park,
but at least it won't be rushed.

>...keep a good sense of humor,...

[One of the things Kathy loves about me... :-)]

>...remember to keep control because it is *your* wedding,...

Well, technically it's -her- wedding; and of course, financially it's her
-parents'- wedding.  But it's OK because our families get along and once the
ceremony is taken care of we won't be nearly as stressed, I suspect.

>and try not to kill each other (which is frowned on by most major religions
>and tends to put a damper on the ceremony).

Sounds about right...

>ObWeddingHorrorStory: Our photographer skipped town with our deposit
>less than three months before the wedding, and the next day our
>florist called up and cancelled our order because they decided they
>wanted to be on vacation for all of October.  It wasn't the best 24
>hours of my life.

Ouch!  Well, there's not much chance of that happening with us... there are a
lot of options that can be taken care of within the church - wedding
coordinator, floral type person (she makes beautiful silk bouquets, or so
I've heard), a reception hall included w/in the church-use fee, etc.

Damon "happiest man he knows" Capehart