OFF: Mournblade

Christian cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Tue Aug 12 15:12:04 EDT 1997

At 08:03 12.08.97 -0400, Alun wrote:
>Just a gentle health warning here. Anyone browsing the online CD
>stores coming across _Mournblade_, by Mournblade, might be forgiven
>for thinking that this was a well-merited rerelease of Dunken
>Mullett & Co's stuff like _Time's Running Out_ and - well, not much
>else really; or even new stuff ...

Is there any thematic (or any other) relation to Moorcock's books other
than the name? Who are these people :-)

>Well it isn't. It's two American blokes in a German studio trying to
>sound like a band. The music is flat, generic, *very boring* metal,
>the lyrics are sadly and cringe-makingly earnest (and reproduced
>in full), and the packaging is as naff as you'll see. But if you
>ordered it online, you *wouldn't* see it, would you?

I think I've seen some guy from this band trying to sell their stuff in the
Moorcock newsgroup (or was that a band called Arioch???).

Also, anyone care to describe Tygers Of Pan Tang? Obviously metal but any
good?

Christian

obStrangeMemory: I used to have this Full Moon CD. I got it because it had
Rodney Matthews' Horsemen of the Apocalypse painting on the cover...  for
some reason I got rid of it years ago, and now for some reason wish I
hadn't! Anyone know if they still exist??? Were they religious? I vaguely
recall them as very cheezy but strangely interesting? Kinda like Hawkwind's
Elric stuff, except Full Moon were being earnest and *not* tongue-in-cheek
like HW...???