OFF: Jethro Tull

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Tue Aug 12 13:15:56 EDT 1997

>>Yes. That one was as well, others would include Pink Floyd's Final Cut
>>(and, to a lesser extent, The Wall), the first Whitesnake album, and
>>probably even the first Rainbow album.
>>

>.and Hawkwind's Church of Hawkwind :)

Sorta...  If I remember right, Iommi did want _7th Star_ to be a Tony Iommi
album, but his management/record company insisted it go out as a Black
Sabbath album.  Whereas for _Church_, DB was under contract to do another
Hawkwind album for RCA so he assembled some odds and ends and let them have
that.  (Still turned out to be the best of the three RCA albums, but there
you go.)  Another one is _Imaginos_, of course, where CBS insisted it be a
Blue Oyster Cult album, not an Albert Bouchard album, and they went so far
as to put the other BOC people on it!

- Andy