HW:NY mini tour participants

Chris Raymond chrisr at TIAC.NET
Tue Aug 12 20:33:14 EDT 1997

Michael S. Habiby wrote:

> Curious as to who here is going to the NYC Dates and/or the Festival??

I will be heading to the NYC and Sherman dates. I am kind of nervous
about going to Manhattan with a car full of camping gear and coolers and
the whole bit. The way I think it will happen is that the Coney Island
High gig will end about 3 or 4 AM and then I will have to drive directly
to the campground. I have not estimated the time yet, but it looks like
it could be around 8 hours.

> I am seriously thinking of going to BOTH and would like to meet up
> with
> anyone cause I think I would be going "alone".  If you respond to me
> off
> list I will even send a... egads.. picture of my humble self.  Hope to
>
> see bunches of folks there...

This is going to be one heck of a weekend. I am so excited just to have
the tickets and know that I am going to be experiencing some of my
favorite music live. I am looking forward to hearing many of the other
bands as well. I know it has been said on this list before, but Arc Met
is not be missed. I have seen them play many times in New England, and
have been put into a near trance state without any additives
whatsoever... I am also anxious to hear Melting Euphoria as well. Of
course Alien Planetscapes also has great reviews. I have never heard
them live, but I witnessed Doug Walker playing with Sun Machine in
Cleveland one night doing HW music. It was a night to remember.I have no
idea how many people are coming to the festival, but I expect to see
familiar faces from Phoenix to Toronto and every in between. Now if only
I can get the LIS EP at some point....