HW:NY mini tour participants

cjohnson cjohnson at HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Tue Aug 12 23:36:27 EDT 1997

       I'm signed on.  Just made my plane reservations from Florida to NY.

       Flying into LaGuardia about noon on Friday, flying out again Monday
       night about 6:00pm.  With a little luck I'll be catching a ride
       with another list member who plans to drive from NYC to Strange
       Daze sometime early Saturday morn (and back, I hope), else its a
       rental car :-(.

       Now all I need to do is arrange for transport and "entertainment"
       for Friday afternoon, and back to the airport on Monday.  Anyone
       else flying into LaG on Friday afternoon?  Might be a good idea to
       share a ride in, given the cost of taxis in NYC.

       Bill/Ron/NY contingent:  are ya'll having another bash like the
       1995 tour?  I remember reading of interesting things, maybe this
       time I'll get a chance to participate.  How early will any
       festivities begin, and how would I get there from the airport?

       Another question:  does anyone have a good map/plan for getting to
       Strange Daze after the NYC show?  An estimated time-to-travel?

       Last(?) question:  I'm trying to figure out what to do with my
       camping equipment for Strange Daze.  I could carry a little on the
       plane, and then haul it around Friday nite.  Another possibility is
       to ship it ahead of time to someone, then pick it up when I get
       there (a bit more trouble).  Final possibility is to ship it to
       someone who plans on driving anyway, and pick it up on Saturday.
       Any one else having these kinds of thoughts?

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at hpsc.hisd.harris.com