OFF: Amsterdam

Thu Aug 14 07:38:45 EDT 1997

> From:          Jerry <stayer at PI.NET>
>
> I've never been to NY, but when I was in San Francisco, I thought that place had kind of
> an atmosphere like in Amsterdam. Pretty relaxed, mostly because there are so many
> different kinds of people - it just has to be a (kinda) tolerant society.
>
> Jerry

I'm an east-coaster, asnd only seen SF briefly, but I believe you've
hit it right.  It's a really tolerant and hip city.  I hear New
Orleans is similar, but I haven't made it there yet.  On a small
scale, Key West is really laid back, and of course, all of Hawaii is
in its own universe, the ultimate in laissez-faire
theo