tbS a Challenge

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Aug 18 10:44:34 EDT 1997

>I'm all for a full-length treatment of the Imaginos saga, but I'm
leery of bringing in another band to do it.  I'd rather see it done
like the existing Imaginos record, except with Al and tBS being a
core group for the project, and then bringing in guests to appear on
certain songs where needed.  I think it would be too big a project
for another band to guest on, and that such an undertaking would take
a really long time, and that no band would want to give up their
current projects to be a part of it.  If Al used guests, then he
could record things piecemeal, and each guest wouldn't need to learn
that much material...
theo

There I go again not fully explaining myself.  Would not be all of
Savatage just a select few members that would supplement the current tBS
lineup.  Specifically I'm thinking Oliva, who plays Keys, gtr. and does
a reasonable Lemmy impression on vox, Zak for additional vox and maybe
Pittreli on guitar (if he is still with Sav).  Oliva is responsible for
those wonderful arrangements that make Savatage sound like a huge band
when they are not.  He would assist Al with the arrangements, play keys,
whatever.  Zak vox would be perfect for some of the existing Imaginos
songs, as would Deb.  Yeah they could just have members of Sav phone in
their parts but it would be better if they all sat down and did it.

L8er

lil' ab

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances.
He does not wear the "hello my name is" badge.
He strikes from below like a viper.
Or from up high like a penny being dropped from the tallest building
around.
He has but one purpose, to do bad things to good people with science!" -
Chromedome

Stioll riding my Horse, The Horse That Bud Bought - Galactic Cowboys