Hawkwind -Scotland 97

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Tue Aug 19 08:32:00 EDT 1997

Andy C writes:
> Fat Sams in Dundee. They where quite sure the gig on the 18th October
> will now not happen.  Seems the promoter thought they would not
> fill the place.

How big is Fat Sams?  Dundee is 200,000 people; I'd have thought that
this would include a couple of hundred people who would go and see
Hawkwind.  Especially if a few people came across from St. Andrews.

On 15 Aug 13:28, J Strobridge wrote:
> Dunno about the Garage but if you need tix for the Liquid Rooms phone
> either Ripping Records:  0131 226 7010   or Inside Tickets   0131 477
> 8222.

Yep, I got mine.  7 weeks to go...

Even this is a fairly small venue.  In the 80's they filled the Playhouse
and the Usher Hall.  I know that times have changed, but even so...

Dave.
--
Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.