HW: Davey dusted?

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Aug 20 17:08:33 EDT 1997

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Christian wrote:

> On the 05/19/92 live HW recording, Alan Davey sings in the first chorus of
> Hassan
> I Sahba: "horse tranquilizers, horse tranqulizers, horse tranquilizers.." - no
> shit! PCP (or "Angel Dust") is a very powerful drug originally used as horse
> tranks... and is usually smoked. I suppose Davey has more than one genie of
> the
> smoke??? Yikes! Just say no!

Because, I understand, PCP contains a stimulant component, it seems
unlikely, to me, that it would be employed as a tranquiliser for horses
(or for any other creature, for that matter:).

PCP was tested by the US military on its soldiers as a possible means of
"improving combat effectiveness."  Unfortunately, this combination
psychedelic/stimulant was prone to effect the onset of severe psychotic
episodes, thereby deeming the drug unsuitable for such "field
applications."

Because of the potentially violent episodes that can result from
ingesting PCP, its use is widely deprecated.

Someone correct me on the details if I'm wrong, but I believe the above
is largely right.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Sundial, _Live Drug_

e-mail: paul at gromit.cs.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix