HW: Davey dusted?

Christian cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Wed Aug 20 19:35:04 EDT 1997

Paul Mather writes:

>Because, I understand, PCP contains a stimulant component, it seems
>unlikely, to me, that it would be employed as a tranquiliser for horses
>(or for any other creature, for that matter:).

>PCP was tested by the US military on its soldiers as a possible means of
>"improving combat effectiveness."  Unfortunately, this combination
>psychedelic/stimulant was prone to effect the onset of severe psychotic
>episodes, thereby deeming the drug unsuitable for such "field
>applications."
>
>Because of the potentially violent episodes that can result from
>ingesting PCP, its use is widely deprecated.
>
>Someone correct me on the details if I'm wrong, but I believe the above
>is largely right.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Paul.

Well, it sounds reasonable enough - any mad scientists who can verify all
this?? :)

Certain chemicals can have different effects on different animals body
chemistries, no? If I gave my cat aspirin he'd die, whereas I wouldn't (gee!).
Or so I've heard. Of course PCP could have been tested on soldiers, as for
some
outlandish reason also LSD was. I've heard of adverse effects of PCP, that it
is a very powerful hallucinogenic with stimulant properties... I know
of people vegging out on it to the point of turning into the mental equivilant
of a rock... It has been likened to having THC (Cannabis) like properties in
very small doses as well, with strong visual/mental distortions at higher
doses, and that it has a numbing effect (I remember all the news in the 80's
of people freaking out on it and punching thru windshields, and still throw
punches after the hands are hamburger etc.) Perhaps horses don't react to
the stimulant/psychedelic properties but only the nerve numbing/vegging
effects...
interesting thought, can animals trip??? Are their brains rigged correctly?
If we fed gorillas acid would they learn how to talk??? :^)

Christian

ObMonkey: The Detective Chimp