HW: Davey dusted?

Kevin Haskel Rubin gnome at TELEPORT.COM
Wed Aug 20 18:33:52 EDT 1997

Paul writes:
> Because, I understand, PCP contains a stimulant component, it seems
> unlikely, to me, that it would be employed as a tranquiliser for horses
> (or for any other creature, for that matter:).

In junior high health class we saw a movie about PCP and it was used as an
animal tranquilizer.  They showed a dentist working on a tiger that was
zonked on PCP.

>From Andrew Weil's _Chocolate to Morphine_:  "It was marketed as a surgical
anasthetic...  Enthusiasm diminished when reports began to come in of
unpleasent side affects...In 1965 withdrawn form use for humans."  Says it's
used for animals because, "animals could not tell their veterinarians that
they disliked the side affects."

-kevin

obCD: The Brain Surgeons, _Career of Christmas_

Kevin Rubin aka 3999RK60 RU5M7I                         gnome at teleport.com
http://www.teleport.com/~gnome