HW: upcoming shows, questions etc.

DAMON CAPEHART monsieur at MYMAIL.NET
Thu Aug 21 00:10:03 EDT 1997

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:04:36 -0500 John Majka <flossbac at WCIC.ORG> wrote:
>Question:  if I go to the Strange Daze Festival, will I be allowed to exit
>and return after paying at the gate?  I don't want to be trapped for two
>days, but would like to retreat to a hotel or somewhere.

Yes, you may leave and come back.  I called them today (Wednesday) and the
guy said people routinely drive into Sherman to the general store there
(remember, Sherman's only a block long), and if you don't have transport,
the guy said it's easy to hitch a ride in and back.  I don't know about
hotels/motels, though.  The nearest midsized town is probably Erie, OH (or
is it PA?).

Also, for those of you who are planning to camp there, bring - along with
your tent - plenty of blankets.  The place -is- in the Great Lake highlands,
so it tends to get rather chilly at night.  (I dunno... I've lived in Texas
all my life.  It'll probably be a walk in the park for most of you.)

See ya there?

I'm not sure which clothes I'll be packing.  I'm the nerdy looking nearly 24
year old with the larger, not-as-nerdy friend.  More details soon when I get
the plan down more precisely.

Damon