HW: upcoming shows, questions etc.

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Thu Aug 21 11:23:01 EDT 1997

> So is anyone from the list going to be in Chicago at the Cubby Bear?  What a
> lame place to see a band!  True to form, Cubby Bear hasn't promoted the show
> at all (In fact if you call them you can't even get any information) and
> tickets are not available in advance.  The Hawks played there in 1990 and it
> was ok (followed the next night at the notoriously awful dive The Thirsty
> Whale), but it is mainly a sports bar, not very sizeable or anything.

My fiancee and I are going (my fiancee only because I am, she is not a
fan (yet)).  All three times I have called the Cubby Bear about
tickets I have gotten different answers.  They keep claiming the
tickets will be at Ticketmaster (as the ads in the paper imply), but
Ticketmaster keeps claiming to know nothing about the show.

I'll be wearing my Nethawks t-shirt, so introduce yourself if you see
someone wearing one.  Even if it isn't me, they are guaranteed to be
friendly, right?  :-)

Frank
ObGoal: Finding a way to get backstage at this show, too.