HW: upcoming shows, questions etc.

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Thu Aug 21 11:31:29 EDT 1997

> I flew out to those 2 gigs from New England. My recollection was that
> the Cubby Bear was pretty crowded compared to some of the other HW dates
> I attended in that time frame. Also, the crowd seemed very energized and
> nearly aggressive at that gig. The Thirsty Whale gig, I liked a lot
> better. It was less crowded and seemed friendlier. Also, what an opening
> band, The Sex Kittens. I will not soon forget the female lead singer
> pouring bottles of water all over herself and then jumping off the stage
> into the audience. If I remember correctly, the music wasn't bad
> either.Chris

I remember the Thirsty Whale gig.  I got there early and ended up
seeing both sets from Sex Kitten.  Their second (21 and over) set was
less tame than the first one.  The music was pretty good.  I remember
talking to the singer after the show, and she was a big Hawkwind fan,
too.  The Hawkwind fans at the show were giving her a rough time when
they were on stage, but she took it in stride.

Oh, BTW, Hawkwind played an excellent show.  I have this one on video
somewhere, but the quality is not great.

Frank