HW/Lemmy reunion

donnell at EPX.CIS.UMN.EDU donnell at EPX.CIS.UMN.EDU
Thu Aug 21 14:41:31 EDT 1997

> Date:    Mon, 18 Aug 1997 09:48:01 +0100
> From:    Ola Nyberg <ola.nyberg at SYSTEM3R.SE>
> Subject: HW: Strange Daze w/ Lemmy

[...]
> OK... the first bit of big news... I finally have confirmation of the
> Lemmy/Hawkwind reunion.  It is going to be for ONE SHOW ONLY!!  It will
> take place on Sunday, August 31 at the Brushwood Campgrounds in Sherman, NY
> as part of the Strange Daze '97 Festival.  Tickets cost $35 in advance and
> $40 at the gate.  This facility only seats 2000!  This is sure to be a once
> in a lifetime event, so if you have the means, I suggest strongly that you
> catch it!

So, Lemmy is going to be re-uniting for only the Daze show in NY?

And what about the Chicago show - is Hawkwind still planning on playing
there?  Don't want to make the trip from Minneapolis to wind up seeing some
local filler. Anyone else cruising to Chicago from the Twin Cities?

Can someone please lay on us a current listing of the bands at the Daze?
Would be a cool show to check out, and I have only heard mentions of bands
going to play.

Thanks much!
-brian