HW/Lemmy

Dan Witt hawkwind1 at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Aug 22 05:54:01 EDT 1997

> So, Lemmy is going to be re-uniting for only the Daze show in NY?
>
> And what about the Chicago show - is Hawkwind still planning on playing
> there?  Don't want to make the trip from Minneapolis to wind up seeing some
> local filler. Anyone else cruising to Chicago from the Twin Cities?
>
> Can someone please lay on us a current listing of the bands at the Daze?
> Would be a cool show to check out, and I have only heard mentions of bands
> going to play.

I haven't given much thought to going to the Chicago show since I've
already made plans to attend the festival. 16 hours is just too much
driving(unless it was the only place they were playing).

Jim Lascko sent me an e-mail last weekend stating that,, well let me
just quote him

> Lemmy's manager
> did not confirm in writing Lemmy's appearance, so we were unable to advertise it but we do believe that he will play bass with
> Hawkwind at the festival.Jim

Thats all I know on Lemmy.  I've been wondering though, if he does play
with the band wont he be lost on any material that Hawkwind created
after he had departed? It doesn't appear they will be rehearsing
together. I'm just curious how this would work. I saw Lemmy at a club
here last year and Motorhead was most impressive.

setlist as list on the strange daze info page that accompanied my
tickets:]

   Saturday                Sunday
Gaia Avatara  12-12:45pm   Bionaut    10:45 to 11:45am
Red Giant   1:30-2:15pm    Nick Riff  12:30-1:30pm
Nucleon     3:00-3:45pm    Melting Euphoria   2:15-3:15pm
ST37        4:30-5:30pm    Born to Go  4:00-5:00pm
Arc Met     6:15-7:15pm    Quarkspace  5:45pm-6:45pm
F/i         8:00pm-9pm     Alien Planetscapes 7:30pm-9pm
Nik Turner 10pm-12:00am    Hawkwind    10:00pm-12:00am

Lot of bands, are there any warm-up bands I should consider a must-see?

--
Standing on the runway waiting for take off

Dan Witt
MInneapolis, MN USA