BOC...More Imaginos...Flip Sake!

Hoarse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 1 10:56:10 EST 1997

>>If Al's the man then forget the concessions we are
>>gonna get Imaginos the way he and Sandy intended.

Fact - this is the only way we'll get the rest of the saga.

>>As long as Al has access to the lyrics (big if?),Imaginos could get
>>its proper treatment.

Fact - yes, unqualified fact!

>>Of course, all of this discussion assumes that Al even wants to do
>>this.  I have a feeling that Al has pretty much closed the book on
>>*Imaginos*.

If he's still talking about it, still doing songs related and connected
to it, then I don't think he'll never really get it out of his blood,
it's much too rich a source to leave it behind forever.

>>I mean, I personally would love to see the definitive version of
>>this album done, and if Al (with or without tBS) wants to >>undertake
it, I'm all for it.  On the other hand, if Al doesn't have >>the time or
desire to try and re-create something from arguably a >>difficult time
in his life, I'm not about to demand it as a fan.

Where have we got this idea about "recreating" Im(m)aginos??  What a
cockamaymie idea.  We've got Imaginos.  We love Imaginos.  But there's
so much more of the Soft Doctrines that have never even made it to vinyl
- this is what we need.  Imaginos (the LP) is bare bones.  It's a
minimum, a taster, a teaser.  The two projected albums which were to
complete the cycle are what we want.  Nobody can demand these records,
but are they not the dark holy grail which is driving us on???

If Al has trouble reconciling now with then, it certainly doesn't show.

Chris.

--
The Distorted Barbie questions the effect of a girl doll on society -
http://ezone.org/ez/e7/articles/napier/barbie.html - but Mattel told