OFF: the truth is out there

Mon Dec 1 17:34:01 EST 1997

>> From:          Bolts of Ungodly Vision <scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU>
 >
> I think it's interesting to point out the negligible amount of swear words
> present in the metal music of BOC's era compared to today's.  The sheer
> oddness of the themes BOC and its peers addressed is being substituted with
> more fleeting shock value I think these days...or is it just that cussing
> is more part of our culture?

I think that society has simply gotten used to more foul language.
Blame WWII.  The word 'fuck' was virtually unknown before the war,
but got learned by all the draftees who dutifully brought it into
society in general...

theo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"...it's legal, but it ain't a hundred percent legal..."
v.vega