OFF: Snow

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Tue Dec 2 07:31:18 EST 1997

Talking about snow:

Take a look at this site:
http://bocken.macdata.se/

It's the (in)famous Julbock in Gaevle, Sweden. It's 12 meters tall and made
of straw.
Last year was the first year (since the '60s - back then it endured two
winters ) the Julbock survived the whole winter, it usually is set on fire
by some local Julbock-terrorists.
But authorities never gives up... every year they construct a new Julbock
... which they hope will last the attacks.
The police is guarding the square, and the bock is impregnated  with some
"anti-fire" chemicals.
But, as I said, it has last only one winter.

I hope it will burn this winter! It's such a nice tradition, that shouldn't
be broken.
And I love the possibility to watch it burn live on the Net!

                                - Daniel

"Byalagen är rådgivare åt de politiska nämnderna, så är det."
                                        -Joachim Håkansson

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR