BOC...More Imaginos./tBS gigs

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Dec 2 08:01:15 EST 1997

On mån 1 dec 1997 22.55 -0500 "Albert T Bouchard" <ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM> wrote:
> The Book of BOC is very different than the Book of Imaginos. One is closed.
> The other is not. OK I'll admit I'm frustrated by that lack of completion
> with Imaginos. I'd hoped it'd be something more. Most days I'm torn with
> moving on or trying somehow to complete it. My vision for what the next act
> would be in the Imaginos cycle does not really fit with what I think the
> best move for the next tBS album should be.

     I agree.  And furthermore, IMO, Imaginos will keep.  No point in rushing into it.

     I don't see why tBS can't touch on Imaginos, skirt around it--rather like BOC did at times.  But Imaginos doesn't seem like a project for any one _band_, rather a random access musical project.  If a second Imaginos album were to come out, I think it would be better if it was made by a consortium of musicians rather than a touring ensemble.  That's closer (whether by accident or design) to how the original one happened and (musically if not commericially) it worked quite well.

> Anyway I guess you can tell I've been busy. The orders for the new Cellsum
> stuff is overwhelming (I hope we have enough CDs). New developments are
> happening every day for the band. We're planning some cool stuff for the
> future and we have some immediate gigs to prepare for.

<hypnotic undertone>
Boston, Boston, Boston ....
</hypnotic undertone>

     :)  Not that a gig will get set there in the next month though, I suppose.  I still smart from being snowed away from the January 96 NYC gig ...

> This Saturday we're playing at Meow Mix in NYC, 269 E. Houston St., (Ave. A
> & B) 212-254-0688   9:30 PM sharp    $5      18 w/ID    spread the word.

     Will they be showing _Xena_ first?  :)

Cheers,
Carl

--