OFF: Truth (oh no) and Shock Rock

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Dec 2 09:01:41 EST 1997

Well the Truth is still out there but none of us can find it to the
ultimate satisfaction of everyone else.

Sure BOC shocked our parents in the the 70's as Marilyn Manson shocks me
today.  But this is the nature of the times.  Years ago Alfred
Hitchcock's Pyscho was considered the scariest movie out there, not
necesarrily for what it showed but what people thought they saw.  Today
we get blasted with f/x and high body counts instead of working the old
imagination.

Manson, GWAR and the like are simply following the trend of appealing to
the lowest common denominator.  The real shame of it all is that our
children our overloaded with this mega bombardment of negative images.
Each and every parent needs to be on guard against this assulat on our
children.  My kids don't listen to Manson or Gwar becuase THEY have no
desire to.  They saw footage of GWAR and thought they were clowns.  Well
grounded kids and I'm proud of them.  If you have concerns about the
impact of this stuff on your kids talk to them about it, keep the lines
of communication open with them.

As for me I lump those guys in the categopry of music that just dosen't
interest me, its not good or bad.

lil ab