OFF: Ape

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Dec 2 11:37:22 EST 1997

Jon Browne writes:

> >GEEZ Carl - you and must have some sort of psychic link between the two
> >of us.  I used to be a huge PotA fan as a kid, and just this past weekend
> >watched a tape of the original movie - and Charlton Heston made that quote
> >about not trusting anyone over 30.

So I've always wondered about PotA. In the third film "Escape From The
Planet of the Apes" Cornelius and Zira take off in Charlton Heston's
space capsule and go back in time through the rift. Where did they get
the rocket booster?

After the fifth film, the mutants have revolted and been repulsed by
apes and humans and we see a scene with the Lawgiver talking to humans
and apes who are apparently equal. Does this mean that the future where
the Earth gets fried by the Q Bomb won't now happen? Will Heston
therefore arrive in a future where apes and humans are buddies and the
humans can still talk?

Enquiring minds want to know...

FoFP