Imaginos' Second Act

Bolts of Ungodly Vision scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU
Tue Dec 2 12:35:08 EST 1997

>Seriously, this is a rather interesting topic that has lots of various
>tangents.
yep.

Thinking about _Secret Treaties_ as being the closest to anything released
resembling a part of Imaginos outside of the LP, here are a few random
thoughts:

1.  Plutonia/Desdinova connexion:  When this  was talked about on the list
a ways back, I remember assuming it was an early version of the mechanics
of the  character interactions in the story. (I assume Sandy wrote the
liner notes) (I remember writing a hypothetical plot outline of the LP
too...man those were the days- free time abounded but thats a different
kettle of fish) Anyhow, given
what little we know about Plutonia (the charmed ship) the human representative
of Plutonia that made the secret treaty might be the same way: Desdinova/
Imaginos's otherworldliness might have "charmed" Plutonia into going along
with the new history Imaginos is writing for the Invisibles.

2. Look at the continuity of the songs on the disc: 2 references to Maine
in Cagey Cretins and Astronomy, both describing the loneliness of the
place.  Subhuman and Astronomy are already linked by virtue of the later
LP. "taking from the jungle by crime" can easily fit in with "Career of
Evil."

Q: What was the gameplan involved in making _ST_?

This line of thinking brings up a question: Is the Imaginos trilogy meant
to be variations on a theme (particularly the one presented on the Imaginos
LP), which
resolve themselves by the third time it rolls around (Like some wierd
Moebius strip?)?

Imaginos, oooh Imaginos, let go,  (how's that for a hybrid BOC signoff line?)
Jason