OFF: Truth (oh no) and Shock Rock

Tue Dec 2 12:13:31 EST 1997

> From:          "Alex S. Garcia" <asg at LAGUNA.COM.MX>
> Wow. Very deep stuff here. And I think this very well describes the problem.
> The thing is, a lot of damage has already been done - and whereas it is our
> job as parents (well, I'm not one yet, but my time'll come ;-) to be careful
> about such things, it is those kids who listen to such music that concern
> me. Sure, we now know why they do that (at least, there's a very strong
> chance that's the reason), but what worries me is that when they grow up and
> become parents, they might end up acting the same way with their kids. You
> know, that thing about people not learning from their mistakes (or, in this
> case, from the mistakes of their parents). Bottom line, things could get
> worse from one generation to another... I mean, hey, if kids today like MM,
> what will kids of tomorrow like ? *shiver*

Sad thing but it's true.  Abusive parents have children who
themselves become abusive parents.  Same with alcoholics, though some
have suggested a genetic link to substance abuse.  Don't know about
addiction to rock music!

theo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"...it's legal, but it ain't a hundred percent legal..."
v.vega