An Imaginos Lesson for Transwest Taxis

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Mon Dec 1 18:47:45 EST 1997

At 10:31 02/12/97 PST, you wrote:

>>> Ok-I give-what is the concept of this cd? I've never heard it!!
>>>Just curious!!
>>
>>Pam--
>
>There's too much to it for a posting.  My only recommendation is that
>you read the FAQ, get the album, read the liner notes BEFORE listening
>to the tracks, and then bear in mind that tracks with a place in the
>Imaginos cycle have cropped up on BOC albums since the very start, just
>as ordinary, if curious, tracks.  A pretty top idea, but it gets better
>- the concept itself is really f*****g tasty too!  And so are the
>songs!!!  Aaarrggghhh, it just doesn't stop.
>
>But seriously folks, just get all the albums, especially those with the
>original rhythm section (important songwriters as well as performers).
>
>No, seriously, the Imaginos was one of those few things that quietly
>slipped into your unconscious mind (through listening to old BOC LPs)
>and then suddenly it was an album itself.  Then all the threads become
>ropes which become a net which can hardly fail to catch you and then you
>ARE caught.  And there's no getting away.
>
>Or maybe I'm just a crazy lunatic fan-boy.
>
>Chris.

I guess that makes me a crazy lunatic fan-boy too:  It sums up my Imaginos
feelings/experience almost exactly - it all just slowly percolated into my
brain over the years, and the songs often float through my head entirely
unbidden and far more frequently than those of other bands who I've loved
just as much over the years.  Up front, THEY ROCK, but there's that subtle,
almost insidious quality that nobody else has.  I'll stop now before I
start to rave & dribble.

ChrisW

ObInMyHead: Astronomy (SEE version!)