OFF: Movie making

Alex S. Garcia asg at LAGUNA.COM.MX
Tue Dec 2 15:10:13 EST 1997

>It's not that hard to make a good movie for cheap, but
>you have to have good actors and--most importantly--a good script..
>Nobody knows how to write these days, and it shows in the movies..

Which pretty much sums up my every day struggle :-o This is yet another
subject which has always worried me a lot. Things are getting worse. But
thankfully, there are some good writers & good movies ("Usual suspects",
anyone ?) out there - just not as many, and not as successful, as there used
to be... Just wait until I make my way into showbiz ;-))

>Too many filmmakers focus [ouch] on production because it will
>inflate the budget, and make them known as 'big-ticket' directors..
>While a good script almost directs itself, and makes the actors
>happy--they want to act, to be stars, not play second banana to an
>exploding car.  The great European films [which Tarantino has
>devoured] always have had low budgets, and their quality is
>unmistakeable....

Can't help but think about the great "Swimming with sharks" that I saw last
night...

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
Read the Icarus Encyclopedia of Fantasy & SF
  http://www.pelnet.com/icarus/