HW, BOC: Names

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Dec 3 05:50:07 EST 1997

In article <199712030202.CAA29795 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk>, J Strobridge
<eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> writes
>  If the founder
>members of Hawkwind say the name was created by a guy that farted and
>spat then fine - it may sound socially offensive but that's what the
>band were at the time

I still do not believe this. As Dave mentioned in the Sniffin ' Flowers
interview, there is a esoteric meaning.

>Hawkwind were considered Dangerous to Society.   This was not a safe
>band to be associated with.   We should remember that.  And acknowledge
>and appreciate what they did.    Don't try to change that, please.

I also believe that the meaning / reference is *even more dangerous*.
It implies reading among others, Crowley, and the great majority of
people who take the guy seriously will not be drawn on the subject and
will pass it off as a joke.

I am convinced the Hawk in question is Horus. The Aeon of Horus started
just after the turn of the century and is roughly analogous to the Age
Of Aquarius. Could be bollocks, but you can bet Dave and Nik are aware
of the reference.
--
Jon Browne